Thursday, October 30, 2008

Of course they are real.....wanna touch






You saw the title and thought I was talking about a pair of store bought, inflated, crooked, way too big, and gaudy .....hah!!! Gotcha. With that I say happy halloween!!! These pumpkins are my first in really carving. They were fun and challenging. I think they turned out great. Hell at least you can tell what they are!! Anyways, the attempt to try something I wasn't really skilled in was fun. It was uncharted waters for me. I try to stay close to the vest when it comes to things like that. Not really wanting to put myself out there. As you can see the hammer got a kick out of the pumpkins too. Mama hammer giggled with us as he put his hand inside and felt all the good parts of a pumpkin. It feels so good to laugh again!!! To be able to share the joy my son has in watching all these new things going on around him. Tomorrow we get to go to a halloween party at Mama hammer's school!!! Costumes are a surprise and I will post pictures of them here as well. Scary to say it as the holidays roll around but I'm starting to feel like I am a contributor to my family. Not just the one taking. I feel like those around me are starting to feel my energy and that is helping all of us!!! There is one sound that will remain with me forever. That is the sound of the hammer laughing. He is a trip. Running around after his bath, enjoying naked time and laughing as he runs from his room to our room and back again hiding each time. Out of breath, giggling, smiling, with his nascar hair!!! not even going the mullet route..."O Thor the mighty god of thunder" Yup right from Adventures in Babysitting. He is the man don't mess with him or he will squash your face with a badminton racket
, I have seen it done before. Anyways, enjoy and have a Happy Halloween!!!!

2 comments:

M said...

HAHA! Littler laughing with tears in my eyes at the lil' Thor! Dang right he will squash you with the racket - he knows how to throw down!

Man, I have to say i am IMPRESSED with those pumpkins! That is crazy cool! Hammer's face is priceless!

Ellen said...

I knew you had a little Martha in ya in the garden, but those pumpkins are the bomb. jealous.

glad to hear you had a great weekend. the weather was a blessing.