Thursday, October 23, 2008

the work in progress.....

much like the dog costume that is being assembled for the hammer, I too am a work in progress. With any major project the exterior is the first to be noticed, but it is the infrastructure that takes time. So things are moving forward here. Lines of communication are being opened I am breathing easier and laughing with sincerity. Feels good to be a bit lighter. Speaking of lighter. I have little boy here that just is non stop entertainment. From being like a talking doll to being a trapeze artist, he never ceases to amaze. We are like frick and frack when we go out. I like to walk hand and hand with him, as he is a bit too heavy for me at times. Just an absolute riot!!!! Went to get pumpkins last week as a family, and that was a feeling I would love to bottle up and eat for breakfast everyday. Went with my wife to a wonderful open house on Saturday night only to be amused by laughter so loud you would have rather driven a sharpened pencil through your eardrum. Good food, cold beer, great company and a beautiful house!! What a night. On vacation now and will try to write more...going to try to be a better man each day while on this vacation. I owe it to so many people and want to thank everyone for their faith and support!! Ya'll are going to be impressed....a quote that will make some chuckle and give a peek into my twisted sense of humor...this was heard at the party on Saturday..."you know, I don't think he is retarded...just a little slow" it is even funnier when my wife says it!!! adios...

2 comments:

M said...

man, sounds like I missed a good one on saturday!

good post - i can only imagine how the Hammer is tearing it up over there. a dog costume? are you making it? internal progress?!?!

man, i don;t even know you anymore.

ha.

Ellen said...

a few things.

1. thanks for saving my eyeballs. love the changes
2. who is retarded?
3. it is amazing what you learn about a person when you read their diary.
4. i am blessed to have you, bridget, the hammer and the topic we wont talk about until dec, as part of my family. and i mean that. you are my family.