Monday, November 24, 2008

the blur...





I figured I would start with those photos as they are kind of a snapshot of the weekend that we had!!! I would really have to say that it was either nonstop laughter and giggling or all out rem sleep...I am talking multiple rem cycles too....on to the blur....earlier today I was informed that the due date for "nails" hammer's sibling was moved up a week...I started to wonder about how we were going to handle this major change in our lives and then began to think more about my wife...
Often times I am tired, depressed, and not all that satisfied with myself. I start to have a pity party and then begin to think of all those who have a much greater struggle than I do. Mrs. Hammer has had difficulty sleeping for months, yet she continues to get up and go to school to teach. She has a bad back and hands and wrists that throb from carpal tunnel syndrome. I have it rough?? please!!! She is always on the go and when she crashes she crashes!!! I do wish she was able to crash a little easier as she is entitled to about a week long slumber. Just think of how good it would feel to be able to go to sleep and wake up a week later?? The thought of it has me tingling..Obviously in this fantasy you wouldn't even have to go potty!!! How fantastic. I just thought I should tell my wife how proud I am of her. How I recognize her strength and often times look at her with awe. I know there is no chance I could accomplish the things she does today. I know I never open up enough to share these feelings but someday I will convey it with actions. Until now just words on a screen. So, to my wife, keep on plugging along, I know it is difficult for you and you try not to complain. Sometimes though it is best if you do. You have accomplished so much and there is no reason for you to have to shoulder our family load!!!! Kick your feet up and relax a little more...we are at the home stretch and the organized chaos that we had with the above pictured will be resuming with his sibling!!! We will survive together...I want to be the person you can lean on...much like you have been for me...thanks and love ya!!!

2 comments:

M said...

Man, I know I say it all the time, but Bridget's one of the toughtest ladies I know. I honestly don't know how she teaches, mothers, and wives, all on top of the fact that she has been carrying another little being around with her for the last nine months. If she was hurting, you would never be nable to tell from the outside - she is always positive, and funny as hell.

You really scored with her, you know. She's as great as they come.

Water said...

Thankyou - all of those wonderful comments are hard for me to believe and hard for me acknowledge. Sometimes I worry that I love you more but when days like these happen, I begin to believe we have it pretty good.