Friday, November 14, 2008

Win one for the gipper....

So it just dawned on me that the it has been a while since I have written. I was driving to the fire academy today (waste of time) to pick up some papers for tuition reimbursement. The waste of time part comes in when the ONLY person who knows anything about tuition reimbursement is off. Go figure. She ain't no dummy (actually she is) she isn't going to tell anyone else a thing about tuition reimbursement. No chance she will let someone take her defining title of commander (means "do nothing" in English) away from her. So now I sit at school waiting for my advising appointment. Speaking of stupid (I step forward.) Maybe I forgot how to tell time, but I took an appointment for 12:20 thinking it was five til' noon. Yeah, not to bright huh, five to eleven looks a little different. Fortunately, I have gone through the class schedule, well sort of, you see they don't have complete copies, only partial ones that have been printed on xerox machines. Naturally what I need are the pages some miscreant deemed expendable. Thanks idiot!!! So now I have to try to avoid telling the advisor that I am trying to accomplish the unthinkable task of graduating while taking the fewest number of hours actually in the classroom. You see, I kinda dig this online class thingy. It works for me and the family, and in the end that's what it's about.

As for the title, you can google it and see where it came from. But here goes, I have always had a weakspot in my heart for the underdog (mainly those that were picked on growing up and still to this day.) I never wanted to see people humiliated because they were different or weren't into the same things I was. This has had me at odds with others in the past, but those who know me also know that being surrounded by a bunch of phonies has never been a priority of mine. I started to figure out why it is that I refuse to tolerate such behavior. I have reflected and discovered that it is because I am one that has been picked on for many years (no pity parties.) I am a degenerate gambler that is working on his recovery and has come to realize that I am prey in some people's eyes. I am weak and they pick and pick and pick until there is nothing else til the next weakling comes along. So this recognition makes me grateful for the few friends that I have. I say few meaning 10 or so. I have many acquiantances but few that I find to be my true friends. To me, that number around 10 makes me lucky. Very lucky, many people go through live looking for one or two!! These last few weeks have been tough, but I can feel myself getting stronger. I have such stronger "bones" (friends and family), I have a good head on my shoulders with a heart of gold. I feel like that guy in that "AXE" commercial where he sprays himself and all of the sudden you see his shell begin to crack. This is a warning to those that prey on people for their weaknesses. The hammer sometimes has a bit of trouble with his cousin. He isn't being picked on, in my opinion, his cousin just doesn't know any better. I will do my thing with the Hammer and not worry about those around him. Not my business. I am not going to bully someone into doing what is right. One day the Hammer will strike back (thats what happens for those of you that don't pee standing up.) I will discipline the hammer as Mrs Hammer and I see fit. But deep down, not for him to see, I will be proud of him for doing what is right, and not letting people take advantage of him!! Great weekend to all...adios...

ps I will let you know how this advising sessions goes, but something tells me there may be a language barrier. This could be funny!!!

2 comments:

M said...

Did the Hammer have to take another kid out again?

Ellen said...

how did the meeting go? we didnt talk about it yesterday.