Thursday, November 27, 2008

gobble gobble gobble


I wanted to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!!! I was thinking of what to write and if there was something poignant to share. I will write and let you be the judge. I was listening on the radio the other day when people were talking about favorite holidays. Christmas was the main choice, Halloween a close second, and finally, today!! Thanksgiving....which is yours?? I started to ask myself that very question and while the choice was tough between 4th of July (Our great country's birthday) I decided that my favorite was, in fact, Thanksgiving. It is a true holiday, a day to relax and enjoy one another and maybe catch a nap while constantly grazing. What a better way to spend a day off!!! I mean it could only be better if we never had to get out of bed right?? So as for being thankful. Well not a day goes by that I am not thankful for waking up, smiling with my son, kissing my wife before heading to work...I am extremely grateful to have a job in these tough economic times and to have a job with great stability I might add. I have friends that I think are as grateful to have me as a friend as I am them. Thanksgiving to me is a holiday where it is about each other....the gifts we bring on this special day are ourselves, experiences, delicious dishes, and most importantly...love!!!! Happy Thanksgiving....speaking of delicious...I added a photo of the hammer for all to enjoy!!

1 comment:

Ellen said...

great pic. so blessed to call you a friend. godspeed for joe jr. he will be a wonderful additional to a beautiful family.